Summer Program of Universitas PGRI Madiun (SUPARMAN)
Summer Program of Universitas PGRI Madiun (SUPARMAN) offers classes for students who are interested and eager to learn about Indonesia, Java, and Madiun. All classes serve field and cultural trip that present authentic experience for participants.
Summer Program Classes
- Indonesian Language and Culture Intensive Program (Indarto)
The aim of this program is to provide an intensive course of standard Indonesian for the international students. It covers the skill of listening, speaking, writing, reading, and also enhances the understanding of Indonesian culture. The curriculum is designed for basic level to broaden the chance of Indonesian learners without previous knowledge of that language.
- Empowering Karesidenan Madiun Community (Werdini)
This program offers foreign students to know all of the community aspects owned by Madiun residency community. Foreign students are invited to live with residents of origin in order to know more about what is owned by the public in Madiun Residency. Furthermore, Foreign Students are expected to be able to apply or share knowledge that has been owned by the people of Madiun Residency. The fields offered during the program are education, health, social, economics, technology, and culture.
- Javanese Language and Culture (Januar)
By joining this program, the participants will learn applicable knowledge of Javanese including Javanese language, traditional games, dance, music, and food. They will also experience fun cross culture with other local and international students during the class.
- Cultural Heritage of Madiun Raya (Turiman)
The course is aimed to build the base knowledge about Madiun culture and heritage. Also, it aims to give the participants of the program a better understanding on Madiun culture and history. The studies are conducted through various methods including courses, housework visit, and history trip.
Timeline and schedule:
- Application deadline : 3 Mei
- Announcement : 10 May
- Payment deadline : 31 May
- Accommodation check in : 25 July
- Program duration : 25 July – 15 August
- Accommodation check out : 16 August
Program fee : $ 700
What You Will Get:
- Field and cultural trips
- Meals and snacks during the field trip
- Bicycle for daily transportation
- Certificate of participation
- Undergraduate students
- GPA: minimum 3.00 out of 4.00 or equal
- English proficiency score*:
TOEFL IBT : minimum 70
TOEFL ITP : minimum 500
IELTS : minimum 5.0
*) students who are from the institution whose medium of instruction is in English are not required to submit the above English requirements.
- Send the following required documents:
- A recommendation letter from home university
- A certified copy of GPA (academic transcript)
- A copy of passport
- A copy of TOEFL/ IELTS/ any other English proficiency certificate
The required documents are to be emailed to email@example.com with email subject “(Your name)_SUPARMAN(year)_(type of summer program)”
- Wait for the acceptance notification by email
- Transfer the payment
Coordinator for International Programs
Cooperation and Public Relation Bureau
Universitas PGRI Madiun
Jalan Setiabudi no. 85
Madiun 63118, Indonesia